Oleoresin Capsaicin (O.C.)(Pepper Spray) Personal Defense Spray
Oleoresin Capsaicin (O.C.) sometimes called Oleoresin Capsicum, are one and the same and commonly called "OC" or "Pepper Spray" . Proper, lawful civilian use will, with few exceptions, allow an individual under attack to cause temporary incapacitation of their assailant and allow escape.
This course will discuss the following:
- How to evaluate and select a personal defense (OC) spray for your use.
- How OC works on the Human body.
- What to expect if and when you use it.
- How to evaluate effectiveness on an individual basis.
- Proper use of OC will be explained.
- Spray techniques will be demonstrated with inert training material.
- Illinois law regarding this product will be discussed.
- Associated risks from use outdoors.
- Associated risks from indoor use.
- Use associated with other or additional defensive techniques.
- Proper methods of carry.
- Personal reactions to OC use.
- Decontamination considerations.